[IP] ketones

Is it normal to have mid-trace ketones after having high ketones?  I
woke up last night really sick, chk BG, 494!! It was 206 at bed, but I
still had 2.5 IOB's. I think my tubing my have gotten bent or something.
 Any ways, at 6:30, BG was 165, with medium ketones, but I felt OK.  I
drank a big water, and at 7:30, BG was 103 w/ trace ketones.  No ketones
now, but I was just curious.
Joni