[IP] Re: question @ bolusing

 The Bolus Wizard on the 715 will tell you the amount of the correction bolus
you need, assuming when you set it up you put in all the inputs like target
blood sugar, insulin sensitivity factor, etc. Anyway, the way it works is that
based on your inputs, it calculates how much of a correction bolus you need
(totally separate from a bolus for a meal, which it calculates based on the
amount of carbs you enter). If there is any active insulin still working from
your prior bolus (known as insulin on board or IOB), it subtracts this from the
recommended correction bolus. You can calculate and take a correction bolus at
any time, there is no need to eat or to enter a carb amount in the bolus wizard.
Pam

<Thanks I am on the mm715. before dinner it was @ 161 which I thought
great! after dinner I am thinking I messed up on carbs counting.... and
they did give us how to do a correction bolus I was just not sure if I
could bolus w/o a meal. I am still learning. all this with the pump>