RE: [IP] Re: log sheets

Thanks Sylvia,
	I use the IOB calculating my correction injection only I was taught the
term
"insulin remaining". Mine is 2.5hrs for Humalog. I divide my previous
injection by 5
and figure how many half hours it has been "on board".
Thanks again Sylvia

Hey Newbie,

  IOB = Insulin On Board.  Everyone has a reaction time to the insulin and
how long it stays in your system.  For my Joshua who is using Novolog, it is
roughly 2.5 hours.  If you keep bolusing for a higher BG while there is
still
 insulin in your working, you could cause lows. We kept having this when he
was
on the H-Trons.  Now with the Cozmo and the IOB watch system, we don't have
worry about that.

Sylvia
mom to Joshua