Re: [IP] question @ bolusing

Thanks I am on the mm715. before dinner it was @ 161 which I thought
great! after dinner I am thinking I messed up on carbs counting.... and
they did give us how to do a correction bolus I was just not sure if I
could bolus w/o a meal. I am still learning. all this with the pump

>From: RoseLea <email @ redacted> >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: email @ redacted >Subject: Re: [IP]
question @ bolusing >Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 23:55:50 -0500 > >Insulin
Pumpers is made possible by your tax deductible >contributions. >Your
donation of $10, $25, or more... just $1 or $2 per month is >needed so
that Insulin Pumpers can continue to serve you and the >rest >of the
diabetes community. Please visit: >
>    http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml > >Your annual
contribution will eliminate this header from your IP >mail > >At 11:37 PM
1/11/2005, dawn R wrote: >>Ok today I was started on insulin andthe pump!
yea!!!!! I started >>out >>good but last check I was at 391... the basal
doesnt start until >>1130pm >>due to taking lantus last night. My
question is when I have a high >>bg can >>I bolus without eating??   Dawn
> >Yes.  You should have been given correction information by your
>trainer.  For me, if I'm more than 140 2 hours post meal, I bolus 1
>unit for each 50 points I'm over.  If I have ketones, then I add >some
additional to cover the ketones.  Your doctor, CDE or trainer >should
have given you instructions for correcting highs.  Which pump >are you
on? > >RoseLea >.