Re: [IP] question @ bolusing

At 11:37 PM 1/11/2005, dawn R wrote:
>Ok today I was started on insulin andthe pump! yea!!!!! I started out
>good but last check I was at 391... the basal doesnt start until 1130pm
>due to taking lantus last night. My question is when I have a high bg can
>I bolus without eating??   Dawn

Yes.  You should have been given correction information by your
trainer.  For me, if I'm more than 140 2 hours post meal, I bolus 1 unit
for each 50 points I'm over.  If I have ketones, then I add some additional
to cover the ketones.  Your doctor, CDE or trainer should have given you
instructions for correcting highs.  Which pump are you on?

RoseLea