[IP] age at diagnosis

> In a message dated 1/11/2005 5:36:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
>
> Type 1  diabetes is not a reportable disease so the figures that the CDC
> gives are  guesses - and probably not very good guesses at that.  I do not
> believe that more adults are diagnosed with type 1 every year than
> children..  If you talk to experts in the field, most will say that  type 1
> is developing at younger and younger ages than in the past and that  more
 > children are being diagnosed. The CDC's National Diabetes Fact Sheet states
> that "this form of diabetes usually strikes children and  young adults."
> http://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/pubs/general.htm

All ya gotta do is look at the graph at:

http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/about.shtml#agedx

If you consider a child to be someone 18 or younger (or you pick an
age), just compare the area under the curves for the groups above and
below the "number". Most people are dx'd as children. With almost a
thousand samples, this is pretty good data.

BTW, if you have not added your information to this data, CLICK on the
Insulin Pumpers Information Form button right under the US map.

Username: email @ redacted
Password: pumper

Michael