Re: [IP] Need ideas

Type 1 diabetes is not a reportable disease so the figures that the CDC
gives are guesses - and probably not very good guesses at that.  I do not
believe that more adults are diagnosed with type 1 every year than
children..  If you talk to experts in the field, most will say that type 1
is developing at younger and younger ages than in the past and that more
children are being diagnosed.  The CDC's National Diabetes Fact Sheet states
that "this form of diabetes usually strikes children and young adults."
http://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/pubs/general.htm

JDRF does acknowledge that adults have type 1.  As a matter of fact, there
are many adults with type 1 who work for JDRF - both paid and volunteer.
Again, JDRF's mission is to find a cure for type 1 diabetes and its
complications.  If you have type 1, you are not ignored by JDRF.

What kind of materials would you like to see?  I would be happy to see if
they are available.

Marisa