[IP] Type 1

>As for the reason adult onset progresses slower, I do not recall the
>reasoning, but I can tell you it was the case for me (took about 3 years to
>end the honeymoon).

Mike,
Thanks for your reply.  I have to agree that it does make sense.
Here's another question that we don't have an answer to but was wondering if
you read anything along these lines.  Since I was diagnosed late in life
(47) with Type 1 does that give my children a better chance of not becoming
diabetic.  Common sense tells me that as long as they do not have other
autoimmune illness they may escape this illness.
Ginny