Re: [IP] New Disetronic pump

At 7:49 PM -0800 1/10/05, R. Leppanen wrote:
>>A question I do have about Bill's post is that he says the Spirit
>>will be compatible with RF meters. What other meter besides the B&D
>>uses RF?
>>
>>George
>
>The Accu-Chek Compact (the one with the drum) is RF useable.
>Disetronic sent me one.. used it a few times to see if I liked it,
>but not really for I guess that I just prefere my Therasense
>Freestyle Flash (they not only sent me the complete set up but also
>a box of 3 drums for a total of 68 strips) .

Since Accu-check and Disetronic are both owned by Roche, we can
assume that they will tie the products together.   When I looked at
the Accu-chek Compact web page it did say:

"Download your test results online with the Diabetes Assistant
Program or into your computer with the ACCU-CHEK Compass Software.
Or, you can "beam" the information, through infrared technology, into
your personal digital assistant (PDA) with the ACCU-CHEK Pocket
Compass Software."

The Advantage and Active both read the same way.   I didn't see any
mention of RF capabilities.  Is that in their manual?   It seems
quite incongruous for them to change their transmission technology.

George