RE: [IP] JDRF

At 08:26 PM 1/10/2005, Caryn Lee wrote:
>  I think most doctors will tell you that a positive attitude plays a very
>important part in our chemistry and how we handle things. I believe a cure is
>just around the corner and will never stop believing. Once you turn
>negative it
>affects everything and why would you want to not be a positive force.
>Caryn

Well, I don't think that believing in a cure is the only way to have a
positive force.  I am 53 years old.  I have had diabetes for nearly 42 of
those 53 years.  I do not believe I will see a cure in my lifetime,
however, I believe that as long as technology and treatment improves, I
will have a long, reasonably healthy life (as healthy as any person can
have).  I also have believed that even with diabetes, I could do anything I
wanted to do (and I have).  Can't get much more positive than that.

RoseLea