RE: [IP] JDRF

At 06:26 PM 1/10/2005, you wrote:
>  I think most doctors will tell you that a positive attitude plays a very
>important part in our chemistry and how we handle things. I believe a cure is
>just around the corner and will never stop believing. Once you turn
>negative it
>affects everything and why would you want to not be a positive force.
>Caryn

One thing a lot of medical persons don't realize is that in giving hope
related to dates or number of years can in the end have a damaging effect
on people.

Just think of it this way..  Say you were going to meet someone you REALLY
liked for a date.  They said they would be there at 7pm on Saturday.  You
show up just to find they never do.  Now do that every week for a month or
so it starts to eat at ya.

Many medical and government people have been saying there will be a cure in
10 years for the past 50 years.   When families or kids ask me I simply
tell them "I don't know, but I do know we are finding new things every day".

Brian Carter
Petition for a Cure at:
http://www.DiabetesBytes.com