Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 13:07:24 -0600
From: "Donna S." <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Need ideas

Hi everyone - emailed the local JDRF when I was in a very bad mood and
told them that thanks to their help many of us had lived to the point where
we no longer "fit in". Okay, it was in response to a mailing they sent
 regarding upcoming events for "my child". I told them they should be sending
the
mailing to my 90 year old parents but they probably wouldn't be able to
make the meeting. Also suggested that JDRF really is there for parents and
children who are dealing with Type 1 and the American Diabetes Assoc is
mainly there for Type 2 so where does that leave most of us in this
group?  Well, they called my bluff and want to meet with me next week to
discuss what they can do to include adult Type 1's. Any ideas/suggestions? I
had what I thought were a few good ideas when we first began checking
schedules to set up the meeting but didn't write them down.  Thanks. . .  Donna