Re: [IP] Re: JDRF

At 09:42 PM 1/9/2005, you wrote:
>Hi Marissa,
>I think Michael though has a valid point.  A cure would be great but in
>the mean time we need to survive or remain healthy enough for a cure when
>it arrives one day.  I was diagnosed T1 as a child and 35 years on I still
>have diabetes and haven't "graduated".  If I had been diagnosed at 18 or
>20 or 50 with T1 I don't think I'd be too impressed being referred to as
>someone with Juvenile Diabetes.  JDRF should have changed its name and
>some of it's focus ...... just my thoughts.

I also don't like the name but they are using a tactic to raise money that
MANY organization uses.  people are more likely to give money if it can be
associated with the face of a child.

I for one want them to do what has the best ability to help advance to a cure.

Brian Carter
Petition for a Cure at:
http://www.DiabetesBytes.com