Re: [IP] Re: JDRF

Marissa said
"JDRF's goals are clear - to find a cure for type 1 diabaetes and its
complications.  They are trying to help ALL people with type 1 diabetes, not
just children.  If you send money, most of it will go directly to research
aimed at helping you and lots of others like you.

Yes, at some point the children will "graduate" - just as soon as there is a
cure"
Hi Marissa,
I think Michael though has a valid point.  A cure would be great but in the
mean time we need to survive or remain healthy enough for a cure when it
arrives one day.  I was diagnosed T1 as a child and 35 years on I still have
diabetes and haven't "graduated".  If I had been diagnosed at 18 or 20 or 50
with T1 I don't think I'd be too impressed being referred to as someone with
Juvenile Diabetes.  JDRF should have changed its name and some of it's focus
...... just my thoughts.
Warm Regards,
Janette