Re: [IP]Difference between T1 Child / Adult

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Janette Dunn email @ redacted
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 14:15:32 +1100
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP]Difference between T1 Child / Adult

Hi Sylvia,
No difference, just the age at diagnosis.
Same autoimmine problem  ...

Janette
T! 35 Years

Janette
There is a difference

Typically becoming type 1 later in life results in:
1. less complications
2. slower loss of insulin producing cells than happens to children who tend
to become totally insulin dependent in much less time.

And yes, we do have that autoimmune problem, yet although it's not
preferred to say Juvinile anymore, I would rather say I'm a juvinile (young
at heart)for the rest of my life. At 54 I work out harder than most at the
Gym and can only find guys to work out with, and keep up with me who are in
there 20s-low 40s. The best guaranty to live a long and healthy life is to
get a chronic desease and take care of it!

Mike Kurtis - an adult onset type 1 (Diagnosed March 2000 at 49 yesrs old)