Re: [IP] Re: staying home alone

 yeah, we only lived less that a mile away and had no idea they were alone until
her brother who is only 2 years older called us at 3 am to tell us they were
hungry. I thought my husband was going to kill his x's dumb ass.

 email @ redacted wrote:In a message dated 1/8/2005 1:59:19 P.M. Central
Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

Be glad you don't live in my state...there is no legal age, it's left up to
the
mothers discretion...our step daughter was left alone all night at 3 years
old
so her mom could go out and party...good thing nothing happened

Oh, my goodness, Tina!!! That mother is definitely not going to get a
Mother of the Year award, is she. How awful. Good thing for the 3 year old
nothing happened to her.

Oh, and to let you all know, my own daughters do stay home alone at times
when I go to the store. They are 13 and 7. It is definitely a maturity thing
with them. The 13 year old sometimes stayed at home when she was 11 but was
never left in charge of the then 5 year old. Plus my 7 year old usually ends
up at a family friends house 3 doors down from us!

I would not know how to parent a child with diabetes. I am afraid I would
probably do as my mom did me--be over protective. Like I said before--I
ADMIRE ALL of YOU!!!!! Keep up the good work!

Debbie and "Annie" from Western KY