Re: [IP] Need ideas

 Keep us posted on what happens. I guess we are "The forgotten type 1's" or the
"Lost One's"
don
dx'ed 1940 age 5

"Donna S." <email @ redacted> wrote:
Hi everyone - emailed the local JDRF when I was in a very bad mood and told
them that thanks to their help many of us had lived to the point where we no
longer "fit in". Okay, it was in response to a mailing they sent regarding
upcoming events for "my child". I told them they should be sending the
mailing to my 90 year old parents but they probably wouldn't be able to make
the meeting. Also suggested that JDRF really is there for parents and
children who are dealing with Type 1 and the American Diabetes Assoc is
mainly there for Type 2 so where does that leave most of us in this group?
Well, they called my bluff and want to meet with me next week to discuss
what they can do to include adult Type 1's. Any ideas/suggestions? I had
what I thought were a few good ideas when we first began checking schedules
to set up the meeting but didn't write them down. Thanks. . . Donna