Re: [IP] understanding basals and bolus

Dawn, if you don't have a copy of Using Insulin by John Walsh and Ruth
Roberts I would suggest you order one from the IP website. It has all
the
information you need.

I'm sure that when you are started on the pump someone will set your
basals lower than what they expect them to be and you will work from
there, increasing a little here, maybe decreasing some there, etc. It
takes
time and a lot of testing to get those basals set. I did it in about a
week
but I simply went at it royally. If you have the dawn phenomenon you can
also take care of the problem with the pump very nicely.

Margo