Re: [IP] Re: Animas pump occlusion problems

 This will be Veronica's third IR1200. We've only had this latest one since
11/18. The first one we got on 5/24, which was her birthday.

 For now, I am checking and correcting every three to four hours. It seems to be
working okay....probably be another night of very little contiguous sleep!

Amy

> Amy,
>
>  With my other two IR1200 pumps, the occlusion problem only happened when
 > bolusing; the basals worked fine, so with them I just injected my boluses
until
 > the new one came. I waited so long to call with the latest one so it had
longer
> to become "worse" and the basals were sometimes working and sometimes not.
>
>  I have a Disetronics pump to use as a backup so I used it until the new pump
> came or actually until I got to work today (was out yesterday because of bad
 > weather). On Wednesday while at work and having all those stoppages (is that
> word lol) I finally disconnected and took a small amount by injection approx.
> once an hour until I could go home and get my trusty Disetronics.
>
 > I don't know what I would do during the night if I didn't have a backup pump.
 > I'm like you; after not having any long-term insulin in my body for five
years,
 > I don't want to reintroduce it into my system now. I suppose I would have to
set
 > the alarm and get up every two to three hours or so to take a small
injection,
> but that is something you should ask your doctor.
>
 > I have my new Animas pump now; came to work early this morning and
immediately
 > connected. I've noticed that with every new IR1200 since July (this is my
4th),
 > there are differences. A cosmetic change is that the newest one has the
Animas