[IP] Re: Diabetic Gastroparesis Study

Local chapter of JDRF sent me the following information for a Study.  Contact
information is at the bottom...please do not reply back to IP or to me....

Sara Smarty Pants
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Western Research Company is exploring development of non-invasive
 instrumentation to improve healthcare for people with diabetes. At present we
are
 looking for about five subjects to participate in an early stage study to
address
diabetic gastroparesis.

The ideal subjects would be individuals who have been diagnosed with diabetic
gastroparesis (preferably after a gastric emptying test or by a
gastroenterologist).

Diabetic gastroparesis (gas'-tro-puh-re'-sis) is a condition associated with
both insulin- and non-insulin dependent diabetes. The condition is
 characterized as delayed gastric emptying. Some of these subjects (though not
all)
complain of epigastric pain, nausea, vomiting or fullness after eating.

Diabetic gastroparesis is clinically relevant not only by virtue of the
 symptoms exhibited, but primarily because it may contribute to inadequate
glycemic
control and impaired absorption of orally administered drugs.

This study will be conducted at Western Research clinical sites in Tucson,
Arizona and Marin County, California.

The study requires that you visit one of our sites twice in a period of about
a week.  Each visit will require about 1.5 to 2 hours.  You will be
 compensated $200 for your time at the conclusion of the second visit. The tests
will
require that you have a small meal at the clinic (typically a muffin) after
which you will recline on a table for one hour while non-invasive data
recordings are made using a probe which will touch the skin of your abdomen.

If you are interested in helping with this project please contact us as
follows:

Principal Investigator, Fairfax, California:
Dr. Brian Craine        tel: 415-454-2821
            e-mail:  email @ redacted

Principal Investigator, Tucson, Arizona:
Dr. Eric Craine     tel: 520-325-4505
            e-mail:  email @ redacted

Thank you for your help.