Re: [IP] Re: staying home alone

 Be glad you don't live in my state...there is no legal age, it's left up to the
mothers discretion...our step daughter was left alone all night at 3 years old
so her mom could go out and party...good thing nothing happened and she has no
medical problems. I sometimes worry about being alone with this disease and I'm
almost 46.

 email @ redacted wrote:In a message dated 1/6/2005 7:41:53 P.M. Central
Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

My son Michael insists that he is old enough to stay home by himself. He
is
only 10 years old so I know that I can't leave him

Julie

10 years is definitely too young to stay home alone. You might want to
check with the state you live in to find out the legal age one can stay home
alone. Believe it or not there is an age. If social services found out children
of a young age are left home alone on a regular basis, the child can be
removed from the home. I believe in our state the legal age is 12. But then
again, maturity can even come into play for a 12 year old!

Debbie and "Annie" from Western KY