[IP] kids - hypo-unawareness

I would love some guidance here as well.  My son is now almost 12, and  I
feel it is too risky to leave him alone since he is hypo unaware.

When I was visiting my CDE recently, she suggested to me that, when I have
the faintest intimation that I may be low, I try to count backwards by
fours, or some similar task. Something that is easy enough to do when you're
okay, but will trip you up if you're low. This won't help your son if he has
100% hypo unawareness, but it might give him some assistance otherwise.
And/or you could maybe even set an alarm every half-hour or so and have him
do it when you're not there.
hth,
Marcia