Re: [IP] 15 Year Study Shows Strong Link Between Fast Food, Obesity and Insul...

In a message dated 1/7/05 11:54:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

>http://tinyurl.com/3msuu
>

>http://www.docguide.com/news/content.nsf/news/8525697700573E1885256F7E006EF6C
4?>OpenDocument&id=5D57C3A7F240CCF6852569180008C92C&c=&count=10

I'm not sure it's rocket science that fast food isn't particularly healthful
when eaten frequently, but I really hate these articles that say that one
thing is twice as bad as another without givng the numbers.

If one group went up 1 pt and the other group went up twice as much, 2 pts
out of a possible 100,  what is the relative difference in risk?

That's different, perhaps, from going from 1000 to 2000 out of 4000.  The
second group is twice as high, and relative to the total, the increas is
important.

Numbers are manipulated a lot.  Also, who funded the study?

Stacey