[IP] Re: Animas pump occlusion problems

Amy,

 With my other two IR1200 pumps, the occlusion problem only happened when
bolusing; the basals worked fine, so with them I just injected my boluses until
the new one came. I waited so long to call with the latest one so it had longer
to become "worse" and the basals were sometimes working and sometimes not.

 I have a Disetronics pump to use as a backup so I used it until the new pump
came or actually until I got to work today (was out yesterday because of bad
weather). On Wednesday while at work and having all those stoppages (is that a
word lol) I finally disconnected and took a small amount by injection approx.
once an hour until I could go home and get my trusty Disetronics.

 I don't know what I would do during the night if I didn't have a backup pump.
I'm like you; after not having any long-term insulin in my body for five years,
I don't want to reintroduce it into my system now. I suppose I would have to set
the alarm and get up every two to three hours or so to take a small injection,
but that is something you should ask your doctor.

 I have my new Animas pump now; came to work early this morning and immediately
connected. I've noticed that with every new IR1200 since July (this is my 4th),
there are differences. A cosmetic change is that the newest one has the Animas
logo on the face of the pump (the others didn't), and a beneficial change I was
happy to notice that the figures and words in the pump have a darker font and
are a little larger, making them easier to read.

I do hope this one was manufactured after they fixed the occlusion problem.

Sybil and (??? Haven't Decided ???) the Animas IR1200 pump
http://www.sbvdrsilkycrsilky.com