Re: [IP] Re: staying home alone

In a message dated 1/7/2005 6:38:33 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

Julie

10 years is definitely too young to stay home alone.   You might want  to
check with the state you live in to find out the  legal age one can stay home

alone. Believe it or not there is an  age. If social services found out
children
of a young age are left home  alone on a regular basis, the child  can be
removed from the  home.  I believe in our state the legal age is  12.  But
then
again, maturity can even come into play for a 12 year  old!

Debbie and "Annie" from

I think I said in my original post that I would never consider leaving him
alone at this age.  My question was when if ever is there a time when they
came be left to care for themselves...age 13, 14,  15???