[IP] Re: staying home alone

In a message dated 1/6/2005 7:41:53 P.M. Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

My son  Michael insists that he is old enough to stay home by himself.   He
is
only 10 years old so I know that I can't leave him

Julie

10 years is definitely too young to stay home alone.  You might want  to
check with the state you live in to find out the legal age one can stay home
 alone. Believe it or not there is an age. If social services found out children
of a young age are left home alone on a regular basis, the child  can be
removed from the home.  I believe in our state the legal age is  12.  But then
again, maturity can even come into play for a 12 year  old!

Debbie and "Annie" from Western KY