Re: [IP] staying home alone

Jenny is our third child and quite independent. She stayed home by
herself for short times before she was diagnosed at age 10. I always
had my cell phone on and never went very far away. Because she was so
"brave" and responsible, I think she probably was on her own more than
her brothers who did not have diabetes. I think it depends on the
child, how far away the parent is going to be, how accessible by phone
the parent is, whether or not there are close neighbors that are going
to be home etc. Many, many factors contribute to this decision. As far
as I'm concerned, diabetes is only one factor of the equation.
Kay