Re: [IP] High Sugars!!

>my sugar is over 600 and now spilling moderate to  high ketones.  I have
>never not been able to bring down a "high" by a  manual injection.  I am not
>  taking between 2-3 times the normal insulin with very little
>results. The only
>cause that I can come up with is  an infection.   Yes, I am fighting DKA and
>with stomach pain and  vomiting I will just keep giving injections in hope of
>  bringing down the readings. Since I do not have any insurance- and
>am fighting
>this at home I was  wondering anyone have any thoughts of a cause??

No other thoughts of a cause except maybe some bad insulin.  But
there are worries about your situation.  How bad is the vomiting and
stomach pain?  Is it just a result of the DKA or could other things
be involved.  Is there anyone to check on you?   This situation could
become life-threatening in a short time if it is how I envision it.

George