Re: [IP] staying home alone

Here in Leon Valley (suburb of San Antonio) it is against the law to leave a
10-year-old alone for ANY length of time.  I happen to agree with that law.
My son just turned 13 and I now leave him alone during daylight hours for
perhaps half an hour, and I'm sure I will be fine with an hour soon.  Of
course I know what his blood sugar is before I leave and I know what he had
eaten and how much - if any - insulin he has on board.  I also know that he
knows where his quick acting sugar is, my cell phone number, and knows to
dial 911 if he needs to do so.  Of course he IS a teenage boy, so I can
probably count on him remaining in front of his PS2 and not moving any
muscles other than his hands if I stayed away for a week!

Chuck H.      email @ redacted