[IP] Re: sleepovers

> JHughey <email @ redacted> wrote:
>  My mom always says, never say never because you never know what you
will have
> to do in your life. I remember when my dad needed needles (before
Lauren had
> diabetes). I am a chicken for needles but my family was shocked when I
said I
> would take care of his needles. I kept thinking of my mom's saying,
you never
> know when you have to do something.

That's a pretty good snip, however. jhughey (moi) did not write that.
Please be careful to whom one gives credit to for posts.

> If you want to force a good day - it's easier if you measure
everything
> exactly and eat exactly the same thing every day.  But then we are
back to
> the diets that resemble the diabetes diets of the 1930's ...   ;-(

Actually, the Exchange System did not come into existence until 1950.
Before that was the Percentage Diet where it was something like 60% CHO,
30% PRO, 10% Fat. Just before insulin was discovered (1921) was the
Ladder Diet and that thing was absolutely AWFUL. If anyone would like to
see it, post me offlist and I'll send it via e-mail. jhughey @ core.com
without the spaces.

BTW, DM camps for children, pronunciations of Washington state's cities,
PDA posts, and several other topics are of no interest to me, therefore
I delete them. ;-)

Jan (47 y/o if you don't count the weekends), dx'd T-1 11/5/50, pmpg
8/23/83) & Bluda II (MM508 8/31/04)
Dialyzing since 7/8/02 http://maxpages.com/bludasue -
http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHpics (and EVOLUTION OF INSULIN PUMPS
with World's Youngest Pumper)

Everybody should always remember, never say everybody, always, or never.