[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V8 #640

In a message dated 1/6/2005 11:44:25 A.M. Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

Hi  Debbie
What is the life expectancy of a diabetic?  I've always heard  something
about 10 years shorter than

Marie
I was told at a very early age that I wouldn't live past 40.  Imagine  my
 40th birthday---all I could think was "I'm alive--Ha!--showed them. I cried for
2 days!  50 is going to be a breeze!

I think our life expectancy is what The Man in the sky has for us.   (Didn't
say the  "G"  word!)
We will live until our life is complete and then we will die.  I don't
 believe anyone can pinpoint an exact age for us or years to live because we are
 diabetic. My kids have told me I need to call that doctor, if he is alive, and
tell him I made it past 40!!!!!!  LOL  I am so amazed that so many  of us
were diagnosed at such early ages and made it!  I had an aunt who  died from
diabetes when she was young not too long after insulin was  developed.  When I
 read all the stories of those who were diagnosed in the 40's and 50's it amazes
me.  I am glad longevity is in the cards for  diabetics!  It brings hope to
the newer diabetics, I think.  So, live  on!!!  Enjoy life and say
"Diabetes---we will overcome"!!!!!

Take care, all

Debbie and "Annie" from Western KY