Re: [IP] staying home alone

 does anyone know the age of a latchkey? I believe 10 is way too young and given
the diabetes, I would wonder if the parent could be arrested for abuse of not
properly watching their children.

 email @ redacted wrote:My son Michael insists that he is old enough to stay
home by himself. He is
only 10 years old so I know that I can't leave him alone. This however has
me thinking...at what age is it ok to leave a diabetic child alone at home
to care for himself. I have never thought of EVER leaving him alone but the
older he gets, he wants to be more independent and wants to be able to take
care of himself. I would be scared to death to leave him alone for fear of
something happening. What do i do when he is 13 or 14, do I still leave him in
the care of a sitter? He is good at handleing his health but you never know
when something might happen.
Julie