Re: [IP] Unrealistic expectations?

Hillary,

  I'm not sure if you understand that diabetes....better known as
 diabestes...THE BEAST.is just that, an unpredicatable beast with a will of its
own. I
would wonder if a non-diabetic would have perfectly level BGs all day if we
 should take the time to check. Of course a non-DMer would not have the extreme
highs and lows (one would hope) that a DMer does, but our BG levels must
flucuate throughout the day too.

For Joshua, I'm just glad if 1) he survives a day without too many lows or
highs, 2) if he survives at all, and 3) if his pump continues to work and we
 don't have too many hassles. Other than that...I expect the highs and lows. It
is all part of this disease.

I will tell you that several authors who write about diabetes and the
 emotional rollercoaster it causes, state that the #1 complaint from people they
hear
from is the unpredictability of their own bodies.

So don't ever expect the "perfect" day and you won't be disappointed.  Also,
don't forget, there are NEVER any "bad" numbers in diabetes!!

Sylvia
mom to Joshua