Re: [IP] Re: sleepovers

JHughey <email @ redacted> wrote:
 My mom always says, never say never because you never know what you will have
to do in your life. I remember when my dad needed needles (before Lauren had
diabetes). I am a chicken for needles but my family was shocked when I said I
would take care of his needles. I kept thinking of my mom's saying, you never
know when you have to do something.

 I find I like hearing other peoples advice but I have to admit, hearing the men
talking about wearing woman's stuff and let's discuss the price of tomatoes and
what type is Halle Berry is not useful to me, just frustrating. I understand
humor has to come into play but I think alot of this stuff gets fed and
magnifies. That's my 4 cents. But I do appreciate all the help and opinions I
have given. I have a real problem and hearing how others have had it handled the
situation gives me a real life applications to consider. I do not have diabetes
and can not begin to understand what Lauren goes through. That is why it means
alot to me when someone with diabetes can relate and share their experiences.
Caryn (just trying to get by one day at a time)

>snip> Wonder how my parents and many many others handled diabetes
without the
> glucometers and such when those of us who were diagnosed so many years
ago?

I don't know what my mom was told, but she kept me well fed to avoid
lows and told me I often had fruity-smelling breath. That, evidently,
didn't bother her.

> Glad it wasn't her and not me as don't know if she would have been
able to take
> care of herself like she took care of me!!!!

Mom told me a few years ago that she admired me cuz she could not have
done what I do. I knew I'd die early so enjoyed life, but with some
awareness. I tried to educate myself and accept all the guilt that was
directed towards me. But, here I am, PTL!! Others thoughts may differ.
(~_^)

> Ok, hope I have NOT offended anyone but I know it will offend someone
as we
> all read things into stuff that says "Hey, that person is talking
about ME!!!!"

As well, if it can be misunderstood by someone, it will be! I once was
berated cuz I a post and one of the two I was trying to help
posted me furiously for her when she needed help!!! lol
Another was pretty upset when I added HTH (Hope that/this Helps) for
saying How the H***.

Jan (47 y/o if you don't count the weekends), dx'd T-1 11/5/50, pmpg
8/23/83) & Bluda II (MM508 8/31/04)
Dialyzing since 7/8/02 http://maxpages.com/bludasue -
http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHpics (and EVOLUTION OF INSULIN PUMPS
with World's Youngest Pumper)

If I had known I'd live this long I would have taken better care of
myself ~ Mark Twain