[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V8 #640

In a message dated 1/6/2005 12:46:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

Also FYI  - TSA supposedly allows an extra carry on for medical supplies - I
have  never tried to use that excuse though...

We did have a separate carry on for my son's supplies, not a problem at  all.
 I had everything in an orange tackle box with a cadeuseus (spelling?)  and
Diabetes sticker on it.  My son also had enough supplies in his back  pack for
three days in case we got separated.  I also changed his site  before leaving
for the airport and put in a full resevoir of insulin in case of  an
 emergency. His pump did stop delivery during the trip due to cabin pressure
problems.
 Pump resumed delivering when pressure was  equalized.  The alarm went off
 during the lunch bolus, so it was a bit disconcerting. However, I had syringes
if we needed to go that route( it  was our first big trip since diagnosis, I
had EVERYTHING).  We now travel  lighter.

ALida