[IP] Unrealistic expectations?

Phoebe's been pumping since September, 2004. Her numbers have definitely
improved, however she still experiences lows (60-70) and highs (180-270)
almost every day. No matter how I tweak the basal and the ratios, I
can't seem to achieve that perfect day. Am I being unrealistic in my
expectations? Are some highs and lows simply unavoidable? What are your
experiences? Her last A1C was 6.9; prior to that it was 6.8 on MDI.

Thanks.

Hilary (mom to Phoebe, dxd at the age of 8 in 3/04, pumping with Animas
1200 since 9/04)

ps Phoebe went to her first sleepover last week at a neighbor's. She
phoned home every 2 hours until bedtime. It felt good for her to do this
and I really appreciated the family who was willing to have her and to
learn what it takes to control her diabetes.