[IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V8 #639

>Michelle
>I couldn't get out of the hospital until I learned to give my own shots. I
>was barely 8 and that was in 1963. (I will be 50 in 16 days and in 3 months

>a diabetic for 42 of those 50 years.)(That's 10 years past my expected
>life expectancy!)

>Debbie from Western KY

Hi Debbie
What is the life expectancy of a diabetic?  I've always heard something
about 10 years shorter than a non-diabetic.  I was dxd @ age 5.  I am now
going on 49 come April, so I've had it for 43 yrs.  Does that mean I'm 11
yrs past my life expectancy?  Whoopee!  I always thought I was doing
something right!!!  ;)
Marie  R. Qns NY
I'll be pumping for the first time this month on my new Animas IR1200.
Thanx everyone for all the info!