Re: [IP] sleepovers

I agree with Michael's advice.

Jenny has been going on sleepovers since a few months after she was
diagnosed at the age of ten. I gave the parents a quick lesson on
glucagon and left them my cell phone number. She went to a week of
church camp the summer after she was diagnosed also. The "nurse" did
not know much about diabetes beyond what I taught her. She called me
one night because Jenny was high (300 something). I talked them through
it,

Yes, Jenny has had lows at night. Some mornings she wakes up low (50"s)
  and I have to wonder / worry how long she was low. For quite a while,
I checked her at 2 a.m. I can't do that now. I'm in my 50's and work a
really stressful, tiring job. I just had to let go and trust that she
would be ok. I make sure she checks at bedtime and tells me so we can
talk about an appropriate bolus and/or snack (I'm often in bed before
her now that she's 16).

Maybe I'm less than a perfect parent, but we all do the best we can. We
are gradually moving to the point where she will be independent. She
does know what to do. And most of the time she does it. She will be
going off to college in less than a year and a half. Scares me to
death, but it's going to happen whether I'm ready or not. I have to
trust Jenny wil be ready.

Kay