[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V8 #638

In a message dated 1/5/2005 4:39:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

purchase)
I'm 6'4" and about 225lbs. Not too over weight. No one in  my family has
diabetes. Not sure why me, but must attribute it to  sedimentary life style
and
poor dietary habits. Looking for a forum to ask  questions.

I don't think type one has anything to do with diet or lifestyle. I  know
many children, my son included who had very good diets and were very active
 before diagnosis. It came as a huge shock to us, having no family history and
having had absolutely no illness in our immediate family at all other than  an
occasional cold or intestinal flu.  I have two other children in their
 twenties, raised on the same diet and with good activity levels who have not
gotten
Type 1.  I would like to know what triggers the antibodies, I do  hope that
the medical community will be able to pinpoint it soon.  My son  loves his
Deltec pump, good luck!!

Alida