[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V8 #636

In a message dated 1/5/2005 12:39:06 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

Date:  Tue, 4 Jan 2005 18:42:49 -0800 (PST)
From: Caryn Lee  <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] sleepovers

Lauren just  came and handed me an invitation that she got for a sleepover for
the end  of this month. I had always made an excuse but tonight she is
fussing.
Anybody got any advice. I was thinking of calling the mom and  seeing if we
could
both sleep over but somehow I don't think that is going  to go over well with
Lauren. Caryn

I guess it depends on if the parents at the sleepover would be willing to
monitor at night.  My son has not gone on a sleepover yet because he is so
 unstable at night time. I get up two to three times a night to check on him, he
is never consistent.He is also totally unaware of his lows, which come
 unexpectedly, so checking at night is a must. He does very well during the day
and
is very self-sufficient.  I have not found a parent willing to take
resposnsibility at night.

Alida