[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V8 #636

In a message dated 1/5/2005 12:39:06 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

I just  recently started using the Cozmo, as of yesterday.

> I am  wondering if anyone knows if I can use Duracell rechargable batteries
>  in the pump, as I have heard that the pump is a battery hog.
>

> Thank you
>
> Mike
-  ----------------------------------------------------------

I called Deltec about this some time ago and was told that rechargable
 batteries could not be used. We were getting three weeks out of each Duracell
 battery that we used until we upgraded and added the meter to the pump. We use
almost all of the features on the pump so we were only  getting one week from
each Duracell battery.  After asking about that on  this site, someone
 recommended rayovac and we have been using those ever since, getting two to two
and
a half weeks out of each one.  The batteries  are cheap enough ( I buy them
at Costco) and I think it is worth it to be able  to use all of the features.

Alida