Re: [IP] sleepovers

Caryn,

 Our 11 year old daughter did a sleepover last fall while on injections. It had
just been 6 months or so since dx but my wife arranged with the other mom that
my wife would show up at their house at 7am to check her bg levels. Everything
went well. Our daughter's classmates have all learned through this process. Many
have tested their own bg to see what it's like.

 One other way to dive in to "normality" is to have a sleepover at your house.
We had a birthday party for our daughter at our house during Christmas break
with nine 5th grade girls. We ended up having to call 911 -- not for our
daughter but for one of the girls that had a HUGE bloody nose that wouldn't
stop. Everything went well & they had a blast being 5th grade girls.

Tom

Caryn Lee <email @ redacted> wrote:
Lauren just came and handed me an invitation that she got for a sleepover for
the end of this month. I had always made an excuse but tonight she is fussing.
 Anybody got any advice. I was thinking of calling the mom and seeing if we
could
both sleep over but somehow I don't think that is going to go over well with
Lauren. Caryn