RE: [IP] UltraSmart reset problem

I, too, have had the reset problem with the UltraSmart meter.  I have had
two or three replacement meters all of which experienced the same problem.
The problem has occurred during mid-summer in New York State when both the
temperature and humidity were high.  When I first called customer support,
the rep said they never heard of the problem and had me check a few things
on the meter before offering a replacement.  The second time I called, the
rep was very familiar with problem, did not know the cause, and immediately
offered a replacement.  I have resigned myself to the fact the I must live
with it until they get it sorted out.

Like another poster indicated, I also thought the buttons may have been
pressed by the canister of strips while the case was closed.  I left the
canister out of the case for a few weeks without success.  That does not
mean, of course, that something else did not press on the meter buttons
through the soft case.  Fortunately, it does not happen often.

John Kinsley
Type 1 - 1956
MiniMed 507 - 1998