[IP] charge for software upgrade

 Not to belabor the point, but another example of companies charging for
software upgrades: I just got a notice from CalorieKing announcing that a new
version of it's desktop diet diary is now available. It offers an enhanced food
search database and numerous "minor improvements" (in their words). Retails for
$29.95 and is offered to current owners of the software for $9.95. So, again,
one more example of companies charging for software upgrades, even versions that
don't offer anything terribly substantial. For me, my current version is
adequate and it's not even worth the ten bucks for the upgrade. So, in my
opinion, the pump companies charging less than 5% of the cost of the original
pump for an upgrade isn't really out of line. Again, just my opinion, which I
know doesn't reflect everyone's. I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but did want
to offer this current example. Pam