[IP] fat & protein

Fat & protein can slow down digestion & the absorption of
carbohydrates.  They, themselves, take longer to digest, to be broken
down.  I think this is why some persons feel the need to bolus for fat &
protein.
Sometimes  companies will add a bit of carbohydrate to cheese or meat
products.  Reading all labels a must, depending on how your body handles
things.
 IMO, it is a YMMV, another variable.
Last night I had some  peanut butter, nuts, raisins, with Splenda,
melted in microwave, a bedtime snack I like.  My Bg was 86.  11/2-2hrs
later, I woke so tested & Bg was 35.  Should have had ice-cream with
it!  At least a faster carb -- crackers or something that would have
kicked in quicker.  (Then too, it could have been from the day's in-
activity, or activity, pain, meds, the size of moon--basals needing
rechecking.)  Linda K