Re: [IP] sleepovers

At 6:42 PM -0800 1/4/05, Caryn Lee wrote:
 > Lauren just came and handed me an invitation that she got for a sleepover for
>the end of this month. I had always made an excuse but tonight she is fussing.
>Anybody got any advice. I was thinking of calling the mom and seeing
>if we could
>both sleep over but somehow I don't think that is going to go over well with
>Lauren. Caryn

Does the mom know of Lauren's diabetes?   Will she volunteer with
testing, making sure Lauren is OK?  Is Lauren relatively stable?  How
far away do they live?  Will you drive her crazy calling every 30
minutes?    ;>)       Maybe it is time to experiment with cutting the
apron strings, or at least loosening them a little.  It may seem like
a gutsy thing, but it can provide a learning experience for everyone.

George