[IP] ace and arb and breastfeeding

Hello All,

Gosh it's been so long since I've written, or even had a chance to lurk!
But this is where I always come if I have questions about diabetes.

I recently had a 24-hr urine done for the first time in years, and spilled
94 mg.  First, can someone update me on how serious this is?  I've had type
1 for 30 yrs, and this is the practically my first indication of
complications.

My endo says I should've been on ACE or ARB inhibitors already, and wants to
put me on one or the other as soon as I'm not breastfeeding.  But I am in no
hurry to wean my baby, and I hope to conceive again soon, so meds are out
for the next couple of years at least.

Any advice?  Could you please respond by email?

Thank you so much.

Colleen