Re: [IP] Animas ezAccess Program

At 5:07 PM -0500 1/4/05, RoseLea wrote:
>I spoke with a representative from Animas today about the ezAccess
>program.  It is not for upgrading software on your current pump.  It
>is for upgrading to a completely new pump that has newer features.
>The person I spoke with said that they found that when a newer pump
>comes out, most insurances balk at allowing someone to upgrade, she
>used the example of going from an IR1000 to an IR1200, without
>having the doctor write out specific reasons why that patient needs
>the newer pump.  And, even then, they might not go along with the
>upgrade.  Evidently this upgrade program will allow prior Animas
>pump owners to upgrade to the newest pump without as much difficulty
>and hassle.  She also mentioned that the next Animas pump in the
>works will have the glucose meter built in.  They have no idea of
>price for this upgrade program or anything else specific, just that
>they were planning on implementing something.  She told me I should
>just keep checking their website for more information as it becomes
>available.
>RoseLea

That's VERY interesting since their website says:

"ezAccess will enable you to upgrade your IR 1200 pump, with our
latest software enhancements, as they become available"

      http://www.animascorp.com/customerserv/cs_ezAccess_Upgrade_Program.shtml

And a product manager wrote me saying:

"As I wrote earlier, it's an offer for those who wish to have the
latest major software release"

So ??????????????     You say "Poe ta toe"  I say "poe tay toe"

George         :>)
let's not call this thing (ezAccess) off