Re: [IP] Animas ezAccess Program

I spoke with a representative from Animas today about the ezAccess
program.  It is not for upgrading software on your current pump.  It is for
upgrading to a completely new pump that has newer features.  The person I
spoke with said that they found that when a newer pump comes out, most
insurances balk at allowing someone to upgrade, she used the example of
going from an IR1000 to an IR1200, without having the doctor write out
specific reasons why that patient needs the newer pump.  And, even then,
they might not go along with the upgrade.  Evidently this upgrade program
will allow prior Animas pump owners to upgrade to the newest pump without
as much difficulty and hassle.  She also mentioned that the next Animas
pump in the works will have the glucose meter built in.  They have no idea
of price for this upgrade program or anything else specific, just that they
were planning on implementing something.  She told me I should just keep
checking their website for more information as it becomes available.

RoseLea