RE: [IP] lifescan software

Not sure if the ultrasmart software is the same as the fasttake software? I
have a fasttake and the software I use is called OneTouch Diabetets
Management Software v2.1.

I've had the freezing problem, and it was related to security. The program
seems to want you to log in as root to run it. I tried to fix that problem
on my PC (Windows 2000) and have had only moderate success, partly because I
hate Windows and have nowhere near the required amount of patience with its
moronic security measures. I can run the program and input data as me, but
only download data from my meter as root.

Marcia

    I too have problems with the ultrasmart lifescan software,  for some
reason i was able to do 2 downloads to my computer from my meter, and now it
refuses to work correctly.  it freezes up during transfer,